There are ten major virtues that can be gained by releasing life
(a) No sword and weapon calamities. The great calamity of swords and armies in the world is caused by people's desire to kill. It is hoped that the great statesmen, educators and agriculturalists will pay attention to this and advocate it, for it will have a great effect.
(2) Gather all the auspiciousness. When we are compassionate, we will be blessed with good fortune. If we ask for money, we will get money, if we ask for an official, if we ask for longevity, we will get longevity.
(3) Longevity and health. The Buddhist scriptures say that those who abstain from killing and releasing animals will be blessed in two ways. One is a long life. The second is a long life without illness.
(4) Many sons, many men. The person who lets go of life is good at understanding the goodness of heaven and earth, so he is blessed with a male child.
(5) The Buddhas are pleased. To save the life of a creature is to save a son of the Buddha.
(6) The creatures are grateful. When the creature saved is brought to life at the moment of death, they are all overjoyed and thankful for their virtue, which is the cause of eternal reward.
(vii) No calamities. A compassionate person's good fortune grows day by day, and all calamities are invisibly eliminated.
(H) To be born in heaven. Those who abstain from killing and releasing animals will be born in the next life in the Heaven of the Four Kings and enjoy boundless blessings. If one also practices the Pure Land, he will be born in the Western Land of Bliss, and his merits will be boundless.
(9) Now is a very dangerous time in life. The demons of smoking and drinking and of love are haunting all people. If all sentient beings repay their kindness, all evils will be eliminated and the seasons will be peaceful.
(10) The advancement of animals from the lower to the higher state corresponds to the advancement of mankind from the savage to the civilized class. According to biologists, all living things are subject to change in response to external conditions. If everyone abstains from killing and releasing animals, then life will continue, and goodwill will be felt, just as children and grandchildren will pass on to each other and live forever.
What are the acts of abstaining from killing and releasing
1. Do not kill a living being with your own hands.
2. Do not abet others to kill.
3. Do not help others to kill.
4. Abstain from eating meat.
5. Do not engage in trades related to killing.
6、Whenever there is worship, regardless of what is being worshipped, use vegetarian dishes, flowers and fruit, not animal gifts.
7. If you see someone killing a human being, you should discourage them or buy the animal to be slaughtered with money and release it. If this does not work, or if the person does not sell the animal, then you should have compassion for the slaughtered animal, and even better if you can recite the Buddha's name or mantra for it.
8. Do not abuse the animal.
9、Other actions that are contrary to killing.
10. Abstain from killing and releasing animals yourself, and advise others to do the same.
(This article is an original article by Zhuge Changqing, and the pictures are selected from the Internet. Welcome to forward it, and please indicate the source for forwarding)
Introduction to Zhuge Changqing: Zhuge Changqing, the inheritor and promoter of traditional Chinese culture, is willing to "learn from sages, promote virtue, revitalize China and benefit the world" together with people with the same ideals in the world.
(Zhuge Changqing: email@example.com ）
Zhuge Changqing mailbox：
Zhuge Changqing's Chinese Dream
Learn from sages and carry forward virtue
Revitalizing China for the benefit of the world
Zhuge Changqing mailbox：
Selected Articles in Previous Periods
Click the article title to view
1The wisdom of traditional Chinese culture changes the destiny: filial piety to parents+five in one+self-improvement
2Zhuge Changqing's Three Golden Keys to Changing Destiny
3Zhuge Changqing's Greeting Ritual (15 Steps Concise Version)
3 诸葛长青施食仪轨 （十五步简洁版）
4How to repent: the ritual of repentance and the method of repentance (full version)
5How to read the Dizang Sutra: Methods for reciting Dizang Sutra (complete version)
6How to release? The ritual of releasing life
7Zhuge Changqing's Repentance Culture: A Case Study of Repentance Methods for Changing Destiny
8Free Life Culture: Free Life Culture in Ancient China
9Shocking photo of feeding: Buddha, Bodhisattva and Dharma Protector come to the scene
10Feeding Rite Return: the return is changed to simple return